Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Found - How to not spoil your Non Stick Pan

Started using Non Stick Pan ever since I move to my new place one year back. During then, I was checking out all sorts of Non Stick Pan and the technology behind it. Decided to get the one that I was using as it mention it has a so call diamond coating which is resistance to abrasion.

The demo was quite impressive back then. You can use a metal Spatula and scrap on the surface and it still work nicely. That's how hardy it seems. That's why I was kinda taken aback when I sense something is not right with my Pan these days.

How do I know? Simple. My Sunny side up got stuck on the Pan. That should not happened to a Non Stick Pan right. More and more things got stuck while cooking and I had enough. Decided to source for a new Pan/Wok.

A simple trip to Isetan, Tangs and Takashimaya gave me new knowledge. In the end, I got a Stainless Steel Wok instead. I'll leave that to another post when it arrive.

Do note the following when you are using your Non Stick Pan

Avoid using metal spatulas and utensils which may damage the coating. Choose silicone utensils instead.

Using a sponge or plastic scrubber. Never use Brillo pads, steel wool, or metal scrubbers.

Do not overheat your nonstick pans. Only cook on low or medium heat.

Do not use your Non Stick Pan for Steaming. Yes, you see it correctly, this will damage the coating. When I was told this, I knew what went wrong with my Pan. There goes my Pan with the Steaming, but how not to steam if you are cooking a Chinese dish. That's also why I ended up with a Stainless Steel Wok.

Well I'm still pampered by the Non Stick function of the Non Stick Pan. For now, I'll just use the spare Pan for eggs and other dedicated work. The rest will go Zi Char style with the Wok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Coming Soon...

Coming Soon...

Coming Soon...

Coming Soon...

Coming Soon...

Coming Soon...